The Governors of Torre C of E Academy play a vital role in ensuring that the school is running effectively and that all children are receiving the very best education possible. They are involved in all major decisions that affect the school.
An academy trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee. It has two layers of governance:
- The members of the trust, who are akin to shareholders and have ultimate control over the direction of the academy trust. They ensure the charitable company achieves its objectives, sign off the financial accounts and annual report and appoint some of the governors; and
- The governors, who are also the directors and trustees of the charitable company. They are responsible for;
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent;
- Ensuring compliance with charity and company law and the academy trusts funding agreement.
Members and Directors of Academy
TERMS OF OFFICE
Chair of Directors
PCC Appointed Member
Fr Peter March
Staff – Headteacher
Staff – Teacher
|Katie Wyatt||Staff - Support||01.09.2015|
If you would like to write to the Governors please use the email address below;
Minutes of our Full Governing Body meetings are available upon request.