“Our mission at Torre is to create an environment where God’s children have the right to grow, learn, feel safe and be happy. We respect and look after each other in the way that God has taught us.”
We “Live life in all its fullness.” John 10:10.
At Torre Academy we believe that all children are made in God’s image and have the right to grow, learn; and feel safe and happy at school. Attitudes towards respect underpin our approach and ethos, in an atmosphere of spirituality and self discovery.
We believe in an environment which encourages children and builds self esteem, spiritual development and awareness so that children become confident, mature and independent members of society.
Our whole school ethos is based on Christian teachings of forgiveness and reconciliation, class contracts, sanctions and spiritual awareness.
However, in order for children to become positive members of society – they need to learn how to conduct themselves positively and respectfully in different situations.
In order to support these aims, we have put into place a structure for promoting positive behaviour within school that is agreed and understood by all members of the school community.
Our criteria for developing this plan is based on:
- All members of the school community treat each other with respect, following the example taught in the New Testament.
- Pupils’ right to learn
- Teacher’s right to teach
- The right of all to learn in an inviting environment.
- Children know what being a part of Torre means, and know our key values.
o Pray Praise Pride Potential Persevere Peace
o Look smart, think smart, learn smart
- To ensure that children respect themselves, each other and their environment.
- To ensure that all teachers are fair, firm and friendly.
- For children to be taught how to behave appropriately.
- For teachers to be consistent in their approach.
- To ensure the school’s five key learning skills underpin the school behaviour plan.
- To provide an environment that promotes a journey of self discovery, and spiritual awareness.
- To teach children skills that will help them to contribute positively to society.
- Children know what to do when they cannot cope/control themselves.
Each teacher and class is able to adapt the model plan to suit their needs and circumstances.
For every member of the school community to understand that respect (for self, others and the environment) is at the heart of this approach.
Firstly, to agree as a school what we want our environment to look like, sound like and be like – in all areas around the school.
To agree and learn our school Mantra, that reminds all members of the school community what we stand for and what we expect.
- Look Smart
- Think Smart
- Learn Smart
We have agreed as a school:
- How we want to promote our identity and standard of self and community respect through our uniform, environment and image.